Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Magnificient Mushrooms Morsels

Happy Wednesday!!

So I am still trying to stay a little more consistent with this blog so I am going to do my best to get at least one post out a week, more if I have the time.

Tonight I wanted to share this DELICIOUS recipe that I made for dinner!! Going along with wanting to eat more vegetables I made mushroom burgers that I found on Brit Co.

Here is the finished product (note the carrot and fruit side dish, I was proud of the healthiness of this meal!)


I also wanted to share the recipe because it was so easy to make!

First off...here are the ingredients:

Burgers
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped fine
- 2 green onion stalks, chopped fine
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 ½ cups grated cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. olive oil

Mustard Aioli
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sierra Nevada Porter
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper

Garnishes
- toasted wheat english muffins
- lettuce
- pickled onions

And then the creation begins....
1. Chop the mushrooms as fine as you can, I used one of those chopper things which made that process much faster


2. Add the bread crumbs and the shredded cheese to the chopped mushrooms


3. Whisk the egg, oil, and chili powder together and then add to the mushroom mixture


4. Shape the mixture in to patties like you would regular hamburgers


5. Cook the patties in a pan for around 3 minutes on each side. Assemble the aioli and toast the english muffins. Put the lettuce, aioli and pickled onions (recipe below) on the bun.



6. And Ta Da!!! The finished product is not only pretty but also really tasty!!


And now for the VERY easy pickled onions recipe:

Combine 1 onion, thinly sliced in a bowl with 1 cup water, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar, and 1 1/2 tsp salt. Let sit out on counter for at least 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment