Sunday, January 13, 2013

All about Pictures!

So any of you who know me know that I am pretty much a paparazzi. Because of this, I am almost always looking for the latest and greatest photo editing software as well as photo apps. So I thought I would share my favorite photo apps as well as my favorite photo software.

When it comes to photo apps for the iphone there are so many to choose from. I have wasted to many "$1.99" purchases trying out the latest and greatest photography apps.

Here are my top 4 iPhone Apps that I use and love.


1. Photoshop Express for iOS: This is my go to app for almost every photo I take. It is easy to use and works really well to make small fixes to pictures. I also love the "pack" you can buy with the "reduce noise" function. It just smoothes the picture and makes everyone look much better, especially in lower light pictures that look a little grainy.


2. Instagram: This is one most people know obviously but I just thought I would mention it because I love that I can both put cool filters on my pictures but also share them with my Instagram friends. With all the new privacy policy issues that Instagram is facing, I am going to start looking in to some of the other apps that do cool filters and allow you to share the pics on your social networking sites. However, if I do discontinue using Instagram I will miss the social sharing aspect of it.


3. Diptic: This is a new app in my arsenal. I used to use pic stitch to create collage pictures but I had heard good things about this app so I gave it a try. I really like that i can choose from a ton of different layouts and I can also add text to the collage which is fun.


4. Over: This is another one that I started using pretty recently but really like. It is an app that allows you to add typography to your picture. They have a ton of different fonts and allow you to do a lot of personalization with the typing. It also allows you to share the pictures very easy on all of you social networking sites.

Soo I REALLLLLY loved the picture editing software Picnik, and I was soooo sad and dissapointed when they closed down. They were started by google and closed their doors but incorporated a lot of their features in to Google+, but it just is not as user friendly anymore and I dont really like it. Of course Photoshop is my all time favorite photo editing software, but sometimes I just want something that is a little easier and quicker to do minor fixes and/or creating fun collages or subway art easily. So I went on a search for another software that even compared to Picnik and here are a few that I have found.


1. PicMonkey: This is the closest software I have found to Picnik. It has a trendy looking and easy to use interface and does a lot of the same things that Picnik does. However, they were offering their premium services free for awhile but now they are requiring membership to use any of the advanced features of the software (much like what Picnik did). However, the premium membership was a little more expensive than Picnik was (around $25 for the year) at $60/year. Not too bad but I thought I would check out some other options before committing to that.


2. iPiccy: This is another program that I found to be pretty user friendly and had a lot of the same features as Picnik. I have used this program to create some fun subway art and editing some pictures but haven't dove in to the advanced features as much. This is a program that doesnt charge for their advanced features though, so I am excited to give it a try and see if it does everything I need.


3. FotoFlexer: This is another free program. I do not think that this has as nice of an interface and is definitely not as easy to use. however, once you figure out how to use it this program does have a lot of features. It also allows you to upload pics from your social networking sites like Facebook, flickr, Photobucket, and Picasa Web Albums which is a nice feature.

I definitely think that my favorite app right now is Photoshop Express and my favorite desktop program would be iPiccy. However, I know there are always new things coming out so I will keep you informed if I find anything new and exciting!! Until then, I will keep being a paparazzi and using any editor I can to make my pictures more fun and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment