Monday, January 14, 2013

A couple quick things...

Ok so I just had to share a couple things that I found to be fabulous last night and this morning...


I have had this gadget for awhile but I just love it and had to share it! I am always finding recipes online (via Pinterest normally!) and love that I can see my recipe so easily while I am cooking with this ipad kitchen cabinet mount.


I have been wanting to try these pancakes from Biggest Loser for awhile now but normally I am too rushed/sleepy/lazy in the morning to do any kind of recipe. Getting coffee made and cereal poured is a pretty big feat for me in the morning. However, this morning I decided to be productive and try these little gems and let me tell you, they were DELICIOUS. I was actually really surprised how tasty they were!! And reality is they were really easy and quick.

Here is the recipe:
(this is for one serving)
2 Egg Whites
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour 1/4 cup in to pan (spray with Pam first) on low-med heat. Wait until bubbling and then flip. This makes 3 pancakes.
I put a tiny bit of margarine and a tiny bit of real maple syrup on these and it felt like such an indulgent breakfast.

Nutrition Facts: 3 pancakes
Calories: 180
Fat: 2.7 grams
Carbs: 20 grams
Fiber: 2.8 grams



Lastly, I tried to Roasted Beet Salad that I put on the blog week before last. It was SOOOO good and looked so pretty on the plate. Roasting the fresh beets took awhile but it was worth it! I would definitely used canned beets if I was crunched for time, but if you have the time to roast them it is really yummy and fresh tasting that way. Here is the recipe again since i know the links were messed up on the last post: Roasted Beet Salad

Alright back to work for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment